Earlier this year, I met with a new client who had worked for Stryker for 10+ years. During that time, they had acquired a significant amount of stock options and RSUs. There was one issue, Stryker stock and options made up a huge part of their net worth and were likely to keep growing. They were not sure what to do with these investments. Is now a good time to exercise options? Are we too concentrated in Stryker? What are the tax impacts of exercising options? Are we paying too much in taxes? Are we taking the right steps to get to where we want to be 10 years from now?
Just like anything in life, company stock can be overwhelming if you don’t have a plan to manage it. Many employees are not aware of mistakes that could cost them tens of thousands of dollars. Let me help you understand your Stryker stock compensation and the steps you can take to make the most of it.
Dan Haines, CFP®, CFA invites you to join us for a conversation around the types of stock compensation that you as a Stryker employee may receive.
Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- Understanding your Stryker company stock options and restricted stock units (RSUs).
- 5 common mistakes Stryker employees make with their stock options.
- Managing your risk tied to company stock and the markets.
- Stock option exercise strategies.
- Designing a plan for your overall portfolio.
- Strategies to manage your tax bill.
Join Us for a Free Webinar on Tuesday, October 26, at 8:00 pm ET
P.S. You can find all of my stock compensation planning articles here: Stock Compensation